Thursday, December 2, 2010

Motivation...

I haven't had the motivation to do much of anything lately. In fact there have been more than a couple of days in the past week that I stayed in my PJs all day. Today looked as if it was going to be another one of those days where the hours passed, minute by minute with me doing absolutely nothing.

Then my sweet daughter called, knowing how I'd been feeling lately, and told me to be ready to go in 20 minutes. I reluctantly obeyed for I have learned not to argue with my headstrong child.

We went to Aiden and Kolbe's brief "graduation" ceremony (preschool) and they were thrilled to have an audience. Then Kelley and I ducked out alone and had lunch at Panara, a favorite for both of us.

It has been such a joy these past few months to experience this new friendship with my oldest daughter. She and I have pretty much always gotten along well but lately I've been challenging myself to be more open and honest with her about my life and it has brought us closer than ever before. I feel like I can talk to her woman to woman and trust her with my confidences. She is a remarkable young woman and a very conscientious, loving mother. And I'm very proud of her.

After lunch, I came home and was so tempted to just lay down and take a nap. But I had promised my daughter I would get out and walk today, something I haven't found the energy for in a couple of weeks. I procrastinated as long as I could but finally managed to get out the door around 4:30. I knew it was going to be dark before I got home. It usually takes about an hour and 40 minute for me to complete my 5 mile route.

One leg of my route takes me on a trail through the woods. I was a little apprehensive about it because by the time I reached the trail, the sun had set and darkness was coming, especially with the remaining light of the day being shielded by all the trees. But I pressed on and completed my usual walk. It was quiet and seemed even more so with the darkness.

But the most wonderful part of the walk was near the beginning as I reached the peak of my walk, the highest point, and I saw this spectacular sunset. The photo doesn't do justice, taken with my phone, but it was wonderful. I stood in awe for several minutes before continuing on.





*taken with my phone camera*

This small gift is enough motivation for me to begin again.

~peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment