Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thinking of you

My heart is so full and happy right now. I know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be at this time in my life. And that feels good.

I think about Haiti and the orphanage in Gonaives every day. Praying for them. Trying to find the part of me that I can bring to them, hoping to bring a part of them home with me. I think Haiti will plant itself in my heart in a way that I can't even imagine now. I'm so grateful for this opportunity. And found out yesterday that there will be many more opportunities to go over the next 3 years so I'm already trying to figure out a way to go back.

Travel preparations are underway. I'm expecting my passport to arrive any day now. I saw my doctor today and got my first Hep A vaccine, a prescription for malaria meds and something to help me stay calm on the plane. Still need to pick up a decent backpack and a good pair of walking sandals.

~be happy~

No comments:

Post a Comment