Since I'm just beginning to establish my presence here on this blog, I thought I'd do a couple of lists about myself over the next few weeks. Here are five basic things about me:
1. I am a nature lover. I'd rather be walking in the woods or sitting beside a lake than just about anywhere else in the world. This has been a part of me since I was very young and spent hot summer days fishing for crawdads in the creek and exploring the woods and fields close to my home. Trees and birds are of special interest to me and I enjoy luring birds to my window with yummy treats.
2. I've had a camera in my hand since I was 10 years old and received my first Brownie. I spent my young taking pictures of my neighborhood playmates, family events, and the world around me. I received my first 35 mm camera when I was 16 and took a couple of classes. But I prefer a my point and shoot Canon AS2 Powershot. It's fast and easy and takes pretty good pictures for a point and shoot.
3. I was raised Catholic, spent much of my adult life as a Baptist, and currently belong to a small Presbyterian church. My Christian faith is very important to me.
4. I am educated as a social worker but I work from home as a medical transcriptionist for a local hospital. I love the comfort and flexibility working from home gives me and my desire to reach out to others is fulfilled through my church.
5. I am married to a wonderful man who is a disabled police officer from Mississippi. After getting hurt on the job, he went back to school and now works for the state children's division as a hotline investigator. He is an overcomer and I admire him for that.
Enough about me... tell me about you!